Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Out of comission

My ankle is still messed up and after 2 days at work, I decided to stay at home to give it a rest. It's actually getting a bit worse than it felt on the weekend. I'd like to go see everyone at the Montreal Dragon Boat Festival this weekend, but then again I'd also like to walk down my stairs. Perfect timing: 7 weeks left in Montreal, 6 weeks for it to heal.

Not much else to say... life gets pretty boring when all you do is watch "A Baby's Story" on TLC on weekday afternoons.

On a different note...

I read an interesting interview with Kele Okereke, the lead singer of Bloc Party. Seems very relevant to a lot of the conversations I've been having with friends lately.

SomethingGlorious.com: What makes up the content of the songs?

Kele:
One of the things that was inspiring for me, upon coming back to London after touring last year, I saw a lot of my friends I was at University with who had just graduated.

None of my friends had anything positive to say about the transition from being a student to having to do a job. It was just a real sense of "is this it?" a real sense of disappointment. My friends kind of threw themselves into going out and getting fucked up and getting drunk, sleeping around.

In my mind, this next album I'm really exploring the nature of leisure and the nature of how to unwind. I'm just really curious about leisure in a modern environment.

None of my friends have positive stories about how they're feeling now.


See the whole interview here.

He makes some interesting points. We all work so hard during school and expect such big things when it's all over. But sometimes it seems we just go into something because we're expected to... we even expect ourselves to. Thoughts?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bloc party, as in ICE CEST LE BLOC?

Thursday, July 20, 2006 3:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^nuts, that should be ICI CEST LE BLOC

Thursday, July 20, 2006 3:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home