Thursday, July 13, 2006

Cabin Fever



Now that I ruined my ankle playing soccer on Monday, I've got some time at home alone... perhaps a bit too much time. Sorry to Ange/Joe/Andy/Vince/Wings for having to cancel this weekend... but I'll see most of you next week at the Montreal Dragon Boat Festival.

On a brighter note, I finished watching season 2 of The Office... even better than season 1!

It's been a while since I've written something reflective. With just under 7 weeks until I leave, things are unbelievably starting to wind down. Here are some thoughts that have been going through my head lately.

Friends. Feraz in Germany, Phil in Vancouver, Dave in Calgary, Lillian in Australia, Katie in Peru... and on and on and on. The idea of friends going away for work/school is something I never thought I had to deal with.

In going to Montreal, I always thought I'd come back in September and we'd pick up right where we left off. But as Dave reminded me a couple days ago, things never really stay the same.

New friends to be made. Old friends to keep in touch with. And Toronto friends to continue to be strong with.

Next trip: Vancouver.

Family. It's funny how being away makes you miss your family dearly, bringing you so much closer to them. And then going home for one weekend reminds you how great it is to be away from them.

In the end, I know that this will put all the small annoyances in perspective.

I just don't know I'm gonna deal with moving back to the den in the condo.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

paul, I've enjoyed reading your blog immensely over the past 7 months. Things never do stay the same, but memories last forever. i will be curious to see how you deal back in toronto with your family, but its so true, as you say, that being apart really makes you realise what you had. good luck, and enjoy your last 7 weeks, it will go fast.

D

Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chavez, our time here is not over yet. Sprained ankle or not, I want to see you at 1234 with your cane... and tophat and fur coat if need be. AKA supersexe buffet which we still have not done 7 months later.

Ram

Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:45:00 PM  
Blogger Lillian said...

Hey Paul!

I know how you feel... i just started my adventure and i *know* I won't want to move back home. Had the worst time adjusting to it last year when I moved back after living downtown. Oh well... it all works out in the end.

Blogging is fun. I'm glad you started this blog... cause it inspired me to do the same. I'll see you in toronto in Jan. Feraz and Sukrit will be there. WE'll party enough for those who are leaving.

L

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Dude,

Oh yea, so I had a blog that I started a long time ago. But since I get to use it to make comments to other people's blogs rather than being anonymous..I signed on. Anyway, you're HURT?? that's tight. Hope that doesn't interfere with the August long weekend, otherwise we're going to have to leave you alone..(J/K)

Now that I get on thinking about everything (haha..not that I wasn't thinking about it before..)I am soo out of the loop with you. I miss you man and I feel like a terrible friend not visiting you at all the whole time you were there! I guess I'll be one of your last visitees? and damn, we'll have fun. Ernest suggested we all go to Super Sex..HAHA! Anyway, because of you, I am actually going to try and update my blog more than once in a while (as you can see I only put one picture up from MAY!!). Take care of that ankle you cripple.

Ciao my beau friend!

Vanessa

Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:11:00 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Hey Paul,

Feeling a little hurt for not being mentioned on the "Friends away" list, but maybe I'll forgive you :)

Hope I'll catch you in Montreal before you take off, I should be moving before September 1st.

Cheers!
Monika

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Friday, August 11, 2006 10:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home