Moving Back

My empty living room in my (former) apartment in Montreal
I'm writing this blog from my condo in Toronto. I will write my final thoughts in the next blog... right now I'm still trying to take it all in.
My parents came up on Friday night to help me with the move. I sold most of my furniture via craigslist and it was all picked up by Sunday night. After packing everything in boxes, student movers came to load the U-Haul that we rented, leaving a completely empty apartment.

After a last dinner with the Hidalgo family, we retired for the night and got up at 5:30 AM for the drive to Toronto, locking the door and leaving my apartment for the last time at 6:45 AM.

The move was much easier than I expected. Now I just have to somehow fit 750 square feet worth of stuff from my Montreal apartment into the 150 square foot room in my condo.
I'm not feeling nostalgic right now. And I don't feel incredibly happy to be back in Toronto. It's kind of weird... almost a numb feeling.
My family is throwing a "welcome back" party for me tomorrow night. Then on Wednesday, I'm going to Vancouver to visit Mr. Choda. When I come back, hopefully I'll have some profound closing words on my Montreal experience.

1 Comments:
Hey paul!
can't believe it's over. didn't it go by so fast!
i know i'll be in your position sooner than i expect - only 5 more months! it just creeps up on you. one minute you're there, the next you're here...
sounds like you had a really good time with lots of memories. and as one chapter closes, another one starts and who knows where your adventures in toronto will take you , especially now that you have a whole new prespective on life and can look at the city in a whole new light.
I'm looking forward to hanging out with you in Jan when i return. you'll have to help me through the depression of returning to toronto in the middle of winter. lol... :s
we'll live it up at Tonic! yeye!
have fun in Van! have a great semester, enjoy your MBA and we'll chat soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home