Friday, August 18, 2006

My last day of work



Some days it seemed like this would never come. With as much a sense of relief as accomplishment, my time at the CSA finished today.

I've vented a lot of frustrations on this blog as well as to many of you over the past 8 months. But it's easy to forget that there were some good times here, most notably my presentation yesterday. Presenting some challenging recommendations to improve the departmental business process was a great way to end it off, because I was able to diplomatically part ways with the frustrations I experienced on a day-to-day basis.

(Thanks to Steve Jobs for the inspiration for my slides and presentation delivery.)

It's also easy to forget that this place gave me the opportunity to move to Montreal and experience new things. I've met some great people and some not-so-great people... done some interesting work and some, well, crappy work... but in the grand scheme of things, I'm really glad things worked out the way they did.

And although I'll never work for the government again, at least I know how to get a government contract... yeye.

So, after saying my last goodbyes to co-workers and friends, Kathleen and I got in her car to leave the CSA. We pulled out of the parking lot playing "Fix You", the same song I was listening to on the bus when I first came to work on that freezing cold day in January.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a very sad ride to work and back today...

Miss you already!

Hope you had a good trip back home.

Let me know for the 16th, I'll definitely try to come down!

Keep in touch Chaaaavez!

Kathleen

Monday, August 21, 2006 6:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home