Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Driving in Montreal

Even though I've been in Montreal for almost 4 months, I've only driven 2 or 3 times. So while I think I know the city pretty well on foot, I have NO idea how to drive around town.

Case in point: On Sunday, we went to dinner at Upstairs Jazz bar and we decided to drive. I dropped my parents off to meet our familiy friends, and then go find parking. This would have been the best way to find parking:



Simple enough, right? Well, when I got to the parking lot, I didn't feel like paying $7 for 2 hours. So I politely said to the attendant: "It's ok, I'm going to circle around to find parking on the street."

Well, this was my idea of "circling":



And then, all off a sudden, I find myself going 120 km/h and the downtown skyline is shrinking in my rear view mirror. "Hmmm," I thought to myself, "this doesn't seem right."

And I ended up here:



Now you're probably asking, where is this? Good question. I was asking myself the same thing. Turns out, this is the route that I took:


Note the change in scale.

So it took me 20 minutes to figure out where I was and drive back to the restaurant. I then proceeded to drink 10 glasses of Sangria to wash my troubles away.

I'm amazing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats hilarious - go paul!

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha
excellent way of illustrating the huge circle u made..

pcho

Friday, April 21, 2006 2:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Sunday, May 21, 2006 4:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home