Another weekend passes
Today I decided to do 2 things out of character:
1. I went to eat at a cafe by myself... actually, two cafes.
This is considerably out of character because usually I have the "single rider" phobia (you know, when you go to wonderland with an odd number of people, and then someone obviously ends up sitting by themselves on a roller coaster, and the ride operators start looking for someone to fill that spot by yelling "SINGLE RIDER!"). It was surprisingly fun and relaxing. Made me feel all cultured and secure about myself because I didn't need to be with someone to define me (ya right... in fact, I felt really uncomfortable and awkward at first... lol).
2. I read a book.
The book is called "Who Says Elephant's Can't Dance?" by Lou Gerstner, the former CEO of IBM. It talks about how he turned around the company and such... really great book on business and management strategies. Also some very good story telling on Gerstner's part, even though he comes across as an arrogant asshole every now and then.
I think the last one I read was "Such is my Beloved" back in OAC... and the one before that was "Animal Farm" in grade 10... thank you Coles Notes for grades 11 and 12.
Saturday was pretty fun as well. Went out with Rene and Sharon to the planetarium and for dinner. As always, there were some pretty hilarious moments, including: Paula Abdul's "Straight Up", "shove it up your b-hole",
- 23 years old
- doing my Masters
- allergic to everything
What's the first image that came to Rene's mind? An asthmatic kid living in a bubble with thick glasses and a nerdy, obnoxious voice... aka, Neil Goldman from Family Guy.

Not the image that I hope I project to people...
BTW did you know that Jonathan Brandis committed suicide like 3 years ago?! I was devastated when Sharon broke the news to me. Still remember him with Rodney Dangerfield in Ladybugs. So young... so sad.

Jonathan, you will not be forgotten. The eternal flame of your kind heart and carefree spirit will burn forever in those who loved and admired your fine work. A fine actor indeed. No... no... not just an actor, but a thespian. A fine thespian, indeed.
1. I went to eat at a cafe by myself... actually, two cafes.
This is considerably out of character because usually I have the "single rider" phobia (you know, when you go to wonderland with an odd number of people, and then someone obviously ends up sitting by themselves on a roller coaster, and the ride operators start looking for someone to fill that spot by yelling "SINGLE RIDER!"). It was surprisingly fun and relaxing. Made me feel all cultured and secure about myself because I didn't need to be with someone to define me (ya right... in fact, I felt really uncomfortable and awkward at first... lol).
2. I read a book.
The book is called "Who Says Elephant's Can't Dance?" by Lou Gerstner, the former CEO of IBM. It talks about how he turned around the company and such... really great book on business and management strategies. Also some very good story telling on Gerstner's part, even though he comes across as an arrogant asshole every now and then.
I think the last one I read was "Such is my Beloved" back in OAC... and the one before that was "Animal Farm" in grade 10... thank you Coles Notes for grades 11 and 12.
Saturday was pretty fun as well. Went out with Rene and Sharon to the planetarium and for dinner. As always, there were some pretty hilarious moments, including: Paula Abdul's "Straight Up", "shove it up your b-hole",
- The show at the planetarium starting off with "BILLIONS OF YEARS AGO!"... just like in the Friends episode where Ross and Rachel have their first date
- Rene: "I didn't know you don't have your bachelors... well, have a nice subway ride back to your place. Good day, sir."
- the free sky maps... a.k.a. photocopied 8 1/2 x 11 inch pieces of paper that you can't see in the dark when you'd actually need to use them
- "Straight up" by Paula Abdul
- b-hole... lol
- 23 years old
- doing my Masters
- allergic to everything
What's the first image that came to Rene's mind? An asthmatic kid living in a bubble with thick glasses and a nerdy, obnoxious voice... aka, Neil Goldman from Family Guy.

Not the image that I hope I project to people...
BTW did you know that Jonathan Brandis committed suicide like 3 years ago?! I was devastated when Sharon broke the news to me. Still remember him with Rodney Dangerfield in Ladybugs. So young... so sad.

Jonathan, you will not be forgotten. The eternal flame of your kind heart and carefree spirit will burn forever in those who loved and admired your fine work. A fine actor indeed. No... no... not just an actor, but a thespian. A fine thespian, indeed.
1 Comments:
Wow...I had no idea Jonathan Brandis was dead. My bro and I was just talking a few weeks ago about where did he go? I use to have big tiger beat posters of him up in my room when I was in grade 6. :-P Poor guy...
~ Cindy
Post a Comment
<< Home