Sunday, March 12, 2006

Vraiment je vais bien

So far, my experience away from home has been all that I expected i.e. I expected that I didn't know what to expect. After just over 2 months, I think that both the time alone and with visiting friends has taught be a lot. Learning to be more selfless, loving and appreciating those close to you, and reminiscing about the past with a smile rather than regret.

... anyways, just some random thoughts floating in my head today.

This weekend, Angela, Joe, Vince, and Miles came up for a visit. While the guys went to Tremblant on Saturday, Ange and I did some shopping on Mont-Royal, St-Denis, and St-Laurent. Then we all went to L'academie for dinner, clubbing at Tokyo, Schwartz's for lunch the next day, and shopping downtown... typical touristy Montreal stuff. Had a great time and it was good to see everyone.

Tough to see them go, but it's good to know that I will be seeing them again next week. It's weird... ever since moving away, I have a new appreciation of the relationships we build with friends. It's hard to realize it when you see people every day - being away really makes you really thankful to be surrounded with the people that you love. It's hard when they have to go back and you don't know when you're going to see them again... time has a funny way of changing the things. Goes back to my first point I guess... reminisce with a smile and making the most of the way things are.

Vraiment, je vais bien.



Cafe au lait and freshly baked pastries from the bakery around the corner.



Shopping on St-Denis (just across the street from my apartment). Great weather... the first time I've seen Montreal like this. Can't wait for the summer.



Dinner at L'Academie at the best table in the place (bring your own wine is amazing)



Walking home after the club. Post-drink!



Schwartz's the next day for smoked meat



Only in Quebec...



Great weekend


2 weekends in a row... let's make it 4

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Le french is l'amazing

moi poo-poo est dan le toilette..
fantastique!

le anonymous choda

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home