Welcome to Chez Paul
This weekend was the first visit from Toronto friends: Phil, Dave, Lillian, and Marcin. I was looking forward to this ever since I accepted the job back in December, because I knew that this had to be an experience to be shared. I really hope more people have some time to visit. Montreal is a great city and for me, it's much more fun discovering it with friends.
Just like our past trips, there are too many funny moments to list. But most of all it was great to spend time with people I haven't seen for a while and probably won't see together for another few months. As much as I like Montreal, it makes me miss Toronto even more...
PCHO/DSMALL/LDM/MARCIN, leave your comments about the trip! I will post the traditional list of funny moments once I get it from you.
Some trip highlights (in chronological order):

Upstairs Jazz Bar... remember that really weird drummer? He had to have been on drugs...

Cafe au lait and pastries at Au Kouign-Amaan Boulangerie et Patisserie. Very quaint French bakery around the corner from my place.

Don't mess with these guys.

At Schwartz's for the best smoked meat in the world. Basically, if you come to visit me in Montreal, I am taking you here for lunch. You'll understand when you walk out the door with a satisfied stomach.

The lookout from Parc Mont-Royal... just a little cold (i.e. - 25 celsius at LEAST)

S CLUB!

Brokeback Montreal
(seems like dsmall + pcho + me + camera = trouble)

Dinner at L'Academie with one bottle of wine each.
(... notice that the next picture is of breakfast. This pretty much sums up my night as the time inbetween dinner and breakfast is a bit of a blur...)

Hangover breakfast the next morning

Skating in Old Montreal

Nice group pic... thanks for coming guys!
Just like our past trips, there are too many funny moments to list. But most of all it was great to spend time with people I haven't seen for a while and probably won't see together for another few months. As much as I like Montreal, it makes me miss Toronto even more...
PCHO/DSMALL/LDM/MARCIN, leave your comments about the trip! I will post the traditional list of funny moments once I get it from you.
Some trip highlights (in chronological order):

Upstairs Jazz Bar... remember that really weird drummer? He had to have been on drugs...

Cafe au lait and pastries at Au Kouign-Amaan Boulangerie et Patisserie. Very quaint French bakery around the corner from my place.

Don't mess with these guys.

At Schwartz's for the best smoked meat in the world. Basically, if you come to visit me in Montreal, I am taking you here for lunch. You'll understand when you walk out the door with a satisfied stomach.

The lookout from Parc Mont-Royal... just a little cold (i.e. - 25 celsius at LEAST)

S CLUB!

Brokeback Montreal
(seems like dsmall + pcho + me + camera = trouble)

Dinner at L'Academie with one bottle of wine each.
(... notice that the next picture is of breakfast. This pretty much sums up my night as the time inbetween dinner and breakfast is a bit of a blur...)

Hangover breakfast the next morning

Skating in Old Montreal

Nice group pic... thanks for coming guys!
4 Comments:
great blog paul - we had so much fun!!! cant wait to come again!
nice to mean to renee and sharon!
David
Such a good weekend!! can't even describe - too bad you can't post videos!
post the list of memories - although no one will get them...lol
looking forward to when it is warmer - i won't be going to montreal in the winter any time soon :P
LDM (<-- this nickname sounds like a drug - hahaha - AEIOU!!)
"c'était génial en tabarnak!"
Translation please!!!
(cheap online translators can't translate it ... lol)
Lillian
Awesome pix Paul!... Sclub and Brokeback...LOL, you're so jokes! lol
Kris
Post a Comment
<< Home