Bienvenue au Plateau
I moved into my new place on Feb 1. My parents came up to drop off the rest of my stuff, The Bay delivered my TV, and Ikea delivered most of my furniture (thanks for the broken chair, a-holes). The move has been alright... although I've been running lots of errands and getting pretty tired of it. Should be done and settled in within the week.
Note to self: do not buy an insane amount of groceries when you have to carry them home. A 10 min walk turns into a 25 min marathon.
The area I'm living in is called Le Plateau. Apparently, it's full of young professionals and artsie types who frequent cafés and trendy restaurants. One of the more famous places to eat, L'Academie, is right down the street. Looking forward to trying the Bring Your Own Wine.

The view from my balcony
Funny moving-in story:
My building is on top of a Jacob store, so I had to go in to read my electricity meter to start my account. But i didn't realize it was a Jacob LINGERIE store. So I walk in and ask the manager if I could read the meter. BTW, the manager was hot. This is key.
However, she couldn't speak English very well so I had to talk to her in my broken French. Then she was confused cause she didn't know where the meter was, so she called her 4 co-workers, who btw, were also hot. They then surrounded me and proceeded to talk really fast French, trying to figure out where the meter was.
And since it's a Jacob LINGERIE store, they were all holding lingerie as they were talking. LOL... what a way to start my Plateau experience.

I see this every time I walk out the front door. Sweet.
The building has a lot of character on the outside - quintessential Montréal. But the inside is completely renovated, so it's nice and modern. And really really spacious... quite the change from my living arrangements in Toronto.

My place at night. I'm on the 3rd floor, right above the window with the 2 curtains.
My couches have yet to arrive. So my living room consists of a TV, a chair, and my guitar.

So things are looking up. The commute time has been cut in half and I have a great opportunity to check out a really cool neighborhood.
Make sure you guys come visit.
Note to self: do not buy an insane amount of groceries when you have to carry them home. A 10 min walk turns into a 25 min marathon.
The area I'm living in is called Le Plateau. Apparently, it's full of young professionals and artsie types who frequent cafés and trendy restaurants. One of the more famous places to eat, L'Academie, is right down the street. Looking forward to trying the Bring Your Own Wine.

The view from my balcony
Funny moving-in story:
My building is on top of a Jacob store, so I had to go in to read my electricity meter to start my account. But i didn't realize it was a Jacob LINGERIE store. So I walk in and ask the manager if I could read the meter. BTW, the manager was hot. This is key.
However, she couldn't speak English very well so I had to talk to her in my broken French. Then she was confused cause she didn't know where the meter was, so she called her 4 co-workers, who btw, were also hot. They then surrounded me and proceeded to talk really fast French, trying to figure out where the meter was.
And since it's a Jacob LINGERIE store, they were all holding lingerie as they were talking. LOL... what a way to start my Plateau experience.

I see this every time I walk out the front door. Sweet.
The building has a lot of character on the outside - quintessential Montréal. But the inside is completely renovated, so it's nice and modern. And really really spacious... quite the change from my living arrangements in Toronto.

My place at night. I'm on the 3rd floor, right above the window with the 2 curtains.
My couches have yet to arrive. So my living room consists of a TV, a chair, and my guitar.

So things are looking up. The commute time has been cut in half and I have a great opportunity to check out a really cool neighborhood.
Make sure you guys come visit.
2 Comments:
nice looking place, excited to visit.
D small
Wicked! I love L'Academie! I've only been there once, but it is really nice. I see that le francais is coming along. Alors, bonne continuation. A bientot!
~Kris
Post a Comment
<< Home